Wednesday 16 January 2013

Ask, Seek and Find... Matt 7:7


ASK, SEEK, and KNOCK – All the same?

In my little study of the bible, I’ve found that every word used has its meaning and essence. 'The promise' is different from 'A promise'.

Matt 7:7 ’Ask and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you:' is a verse of scripture virtually everyone knows. But then I thought, ASK, SEEK and KNOCK, do they mean one thing?

Then God used Pastor Chintok to unveil the mystery. Yes we are told to ask and it shall be given and this many of us have done, asked for a house and got it, then a car and got it. But scripture did not tell us to stop there, having asked and received comes the need to SEEK and FIND.

This is it, He gave me the car, I took the keys but refused to let go of the 'hands' that gave me the car. I proceed to seeking to know more about Him and His other attributes beyond giving me all I ask for. If truly we SEEK, He promised us and said we shall FIND and then we get to know Him as the DOOR (John 10:7-10), the WAY, the ACCESS and there comes the place of KNOCKING and the door is opened that we may gain full access to the Father and His Kingdom.
Wonder why down Matt 7 in vs. 14, he went further to tell us that narrow is the way that leads to life and only a few find them? Because too many of us stop at ASKING.
Today, beyond ASKING and RECEIVING, press on to SEEK after which we find the Access and we KNOCK and it is opened to us.

POWER POINT
Eph. 3:20
'Now unto him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly ABOVE All WE ASK OR THINK, according to the power that worketh in us.’

Cheers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment